Insurance and Risk Management
The process by which an individual determines direction, influences a group, and directs the group toward a specific goal or mission.
This training program is designed for professional looking for career development in the insurance and risk management sector. As a participant in this program, you will learn in the principles and practices of Insurance, risk management, essential skills for insurance officers and managers, leadership principles and practices, and professional communications. You’ll also analyze and apply complex liability policy and other miscellaneous liability coverages using
different scenarios and case studies
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Analyze the role played by the asset, property and casualty insurance industry in the
• Use current and relevant insurance industry-specific terminology in all stakeholder
• Identify, select and apply risk management concepts to the four major categories of risk:
hazard, operational, financial and strategic.
• Assess the techniques risk management professionals use to finance the negative
consequences of risk events in multifaceted scenarios.
• Recommend assessment and treatment techniques for the major categories of risk
faced by an organization, with an emphasis on hazard risk.
• Evaluate the clauses, terms and conditions of various insurance policy wordings in order
to determine the appropriate coverage for complex risks.
• Articulate an effective process to successfully address the adjustment, negotiation and
settlement of an insurance claim.
• Justify the acceptance or rejection of an application for insurance.
• Evaluate the needs of a commercial client in order to plan and recommend an insurance
program that provides protection from identified exposures.
• Lead a diverse work group, and motivate others to achieve personal and organizational