To have a general awareness / understanding of foundational internal audit concepts and their applicability to internal auditing. Specifying on;
- To be aware of how to complete audit working papers and files
- Understand the business under review including reports, documentation and financial data etc.
- Documentation of objectives and SOW and communication to Auditee.
- Develop audit program to achieve the objectives and covering the SOW.
- Open and structure working papers/files.
- Compare evidence with controls or criteria expected, identifying gaps or opportunities for improvements, discussing with Client.
- Entering final reports into the database with due dates for action plans.
- Checking implementation of action items on due dates using database and update of database with revisions including external audit.
- Communicating audit follow-up to all stakeholders.
- Share/discuss audit findings with client (closing meeting) and agrees action plans
- Communicating audit results and audit opinion to all stakeholders.