Value Added Tax (VAT) Course
The process by which an individual determines direction, influences a group, and directs the group toward a specific goal or mission.
Value Added Tax (VAT) charged on goods and services, is applicable and common throughout the
world. Currently, approximately 145 countries in the world have implemented VAT. The
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) stated that “the application of
Value Added Tax has been the most important development in taxation over the last 50 years”.
This training course provides a theoretical background to key areas of VAT that are put into a
real-world context. This practical and results-oriented VAT training course is based on adult
learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the
learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing
discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts
within a fun learning environment.
By the end of this workshop, participants will gain knowledge and benefit of:
• Define Value-Added- Tax (VAT) and discover how VAT works
• Identify the risks of improper VAT management.
• Recognize how to plan your VAT balance
• Examples of how to record VAT
• Demonstrate VAT calculation and when should VAT be accounted for?
• Apply appropriate methods for calculating Input VAT and Output VAT
• Potential red flags around VAT treatment
• Maintain VAT compliance and prepare to pass a VAT audit successfully
• Identify the risks behind improper VAT management
• Acquire the tools and techniques of financial analysis and financial management
• Become better informed and using new financial skills that will help improve
• Demonstrate communication of the various financial tools that are available to help the
• Enhance organization competitive positioning and profitability and improve the allimportant cash flow.
• Explore VAT application across multiple industries – identify similarities and differences